Top 15 Thyroid Symptoms in Females: Do You Need a Thyroid Test?
Thyroid disease is a very common disease in India. It is found in a report that about 42 million people in India are suffering from thyroid disease. 1 in every 10 adults in India is suffering from thyroid. It is essential to diagnose it at a very early stage. Otherwise, there is no prevention or cure for the disease. In this article, you will find everything you need to know about the thyroid symptoms in females.
Types of Thyroid
Thyroid disease is a condition in which the normal level of thyroid hormone in the body gets disturbed. There are two types of the thyroid:
- Hypothyroidism Thyroid: A condition in which the thyroid level is underexpressed. Females are mostly affected by this condition in comparison to males. Less thyroid hormone is released in this condition.
- Hyperthyroidism: A condition in which the thyroid gland becomes overactive and produces more thyroid hormone. Excess thyroid hormone is released in the body than needed.
Thyroid Symptoms in Females
As there are two types of thyroid, the symptoms of both conditions are different.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism Thyroid in Females
- Weight gain: Thyroid level highly affects body weight. Reduction in the level of thyroid hormone in the body can lead to a drastic increase in weight. Patients may gain around 10 kg of weight in 2-3 months.
- Hair loss: A drastic hair fall may occur due to a low level of thyroid hormone. The hair fall will continue until the patient starts taking proper medication. If you are experiencing such hair loss then go for the thyroid test.
- More sensitive towards cold: A change in thyroid hormone increases the sensitivity of the body. Low levels of thyroid hormone can make the person more sensitive to low temperatures.
- Fatigueness: It is a very common symptom. The person feels fatigued all day and gets tired very easily.
- Increases level of cholesterol: Low level of thyroid hormone can dramatically increase the cholesterol level in the body. It can lead to a bad effect on the heart.
- Constipation: It is very common with a person having hypothyroidism. The patient poops only 3-4 times a week. It may also lead to rectal bleeding, pain in the lower abdomen, or incomplete evacuation.
- Dry skin: This condition can also lead to drying of the skin. The skin gets dry all the time no matter how much moisturizer you apply. It is a very common and noticeable symptom of the thyroid.
- Goiter: It is a condition in which the thyroid gland gets enlarged. The front part of the neck gets swallowed and that’s why it can be examined physically.
- Bad mental health: Thyroid level is associated with mental health. A low level of thyroid hormone can lead to a decrease in focus and concentration. The person gets distracted easily and forgets things. So if you can’t concentrate and forgets things easily then go for a thyroid test.
- Irregular period: An irregular menstrual cycle or period may indicate thyroid disease. It is an important symptom and should not be avoided.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism Thyroid in Females
- Weight loss without trying: Change in weight is highly related to the level of thyroid hormone. If the level of thyroid hormone increases in the body, it leads to sudden and drastic weight loss.
- Trouble in Sleeping: The thyroid gland regulates the metabolism of the body and maintains brain activity. A change in the thyroid hormone can make you unable to fall asleep. So, if you are experiencing trouble sleeping during sleeping time with some other such symptoms then it’s time to go for a thyroid test.
- Nervousness and Anxiety: The level of hormones can impact mood. So, if there is a high level of thyroid hormone, the person may feel nervous.
- More sensitive towards high temperature: A higher level of thyroid hormone makes the body more sensitive. People become more sensitive to the heat, mostly sweating, and complaining about high temperatures.
- Irregular period: A change in thyroid hormone can lead to irregularity in the period or menstrual cycle. Heavy bleeding or very light bleeding is noticed.
- Bad eyesight: The vision can also get affected due to an increased level of thyroid hormone. The infected person may feel hazy or blurred vision or may feel infection or irritation in the eyes.
Do You Need a Thyroid Test?
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms then do not waste time and go for a thyroid test as soon as possible. You can find Thyroid specialist doctors and cost of medical treatment in India on nisargadiagnostics.com and Once a person gets infected by this disease, there is no cure and the patient will have to take medications for the rest of their life. So, you must check the symptoms and treat them at the very early stage of the development of the disease.
The thyroid is a very serious disease and it is very common in India. This article is all about the thyroid symptoms in females. There are two types of thyroid and symptoms for both types are mentioned in the article.Please go for a thyroid test at one of the Best Medical Labs in Bangalore Nisarga Diagnostics if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.